Oliva and Paul PLANTEUR bought the Château Berthenon in 1954. They already had one Château, but 2 childen... This Château of 9 ha has been bought for their daughter Léa and offered to her as a wedding present.
The Château Berthenon, an 18th century Chartreuse, was mentioned, for the first time in 1868, by the Féret Editions (the Bordeaux wine Bible).
The Château Berthenon and the Château du Père Antoine were gathered since the Léa and Henri wedding in 1957.
During 40 years, they have enlarged and renewed the vineyard (30 ha) while improving the wine quality.
From 1996, Thérèse and Thierry are at the head of the Property.
Their main purposes are to expand the vineyard, to improve the wine quality and to sale their wines abroad.